Hundreds of thousands of health research is published daily, including basic clinical studies, randomized controlled trials, and meta-analyses. Even though this research is helpful for determining the effectiveness of clinical interventions, it does not provide any information on why and how interventions are effective in their real-world contexts. For these reasons, this research program will aim to look at qualitative research methods to equip researchers around the world, particularly in low- and middle-income countries, to conduct rigorous and robust qualitative/implementation research.
- Systematic Review of Rapid Reviews on Pandemics: What are the most effective ways to conduct and present rapid reviews during pandemics?
- Systematic Review of Arts-based Health Services Research (ABHSR): How have authors of ABHSR studies framed the rationale for using arts-based approaches?
- Commentary on rapid qualitative evidence synthesis (rQES): What are our experiences, challenges, and lessons conducting rQES at the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health?
- Systematic Review of Quality Appraisal Tools for Qualitative Research: What are the characteristics of appraisal tools available for appraising primary qualitative research studies in the context of qualitative evidence syntheses?
- Majid U*, Hussain SAS, Wasim A, Farhana N, Saadat P. (2021). A systematic map of evidence syntheses published globally on COVID-19. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. https://www.doi.org/10.1017/dmp.2021.236
- Majid U*, Weeks L. (2020). Rapid Qualitative Evidence Syntheses (rQES) in Health Technology Assessment: Experiences, Challenges and Lessons. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0266462320000720
- Majid U*, Kandasamy S. (2020). The Rationales for and Challenges with Employing Arts-based Health Services Research (ABHSR): A Qualitative Systematic Review of Primary Studies. BMJ Medical Humanities. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/medhum-2020-011845
- Majid U*, Kandasamy S, Ramlakhan J. (2020). How to Design an Arts-Based Health Services Research Study: A Participatory Qualitative Study on the Determinants of Telehealth Adoption in Rural Seniors with Depression. SAGE Research Methods Cases. https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529734874
- Majid U. (2020). Uncommon Methodologies for Conducting Literature Reviews: Part 2 – A Systematic Review and Concept Analysis of the Terms That Depict Tokenism in Patient Engagement. SAGE Research Methods Cases. https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529735017
- Majid U*, Zain S, Shaikh R, Jameel B. (2020). Uncommon Methodologies for Conducting Literature Reviews: Part 1 – A Policy Analysis of How Maternal Health Concepts Have Been Framed in Policy Documents of a Low-Income Country. SAGE Research Methods Cases. https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529734867
- Majid U. (2019). Sustaining Learning about Qualitative Inquiry: A Book Review on The Craft of Qualitative Research – A Handbook. The Qualitative Report. 24(9):2328-2331. Retrieved from: https://nsuworks.nova.edu/tqr/vol24/iss9/16/
- Majeed M, Dai M, Park R, Rodrigues E, Noorani R, Majid U*. (2019). Make Research More Accessible: The Research Empowerment & Development (RED) Fellowship Program. URNCST Journal. 1(3): 1-6. https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.127
- Majid U. (2018). Organizing the Three Forms of Qualitative Inquiry: A Book Review of Qualitative Inquiry – Thematic, Narrative and Arts-Based Perspectives. The Qualitative Report, 23(12): 3031-3035. Retrieved from: https://nsuworks.nova.edu/tqr/vol23/iss12/11/
- Zain S, Majid U*. (2018). An Introduction to Knowledge Translation in Healthcare. URNCST Journal. 2(11): 1-5. https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.67
- Majid U. (2018). The Functionality and Usability of Critical Approaches to Life Writing Methods in Qualitative Research: A Book Review. The Qualitative Report, 23(8): 1948-1951. https://nsuworks.nova.edu/tqr/vol23/iss8/11/
- Majid U*, Vanstone M. (2018). Appraising Qualitative Research for Evidence Syntheses: A Compendium of Quality Appraisal Tools. Qualitative Health Research. 28(13): 2115-2131 https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1049732318785358
- Jameel B, Shaheen S, Majid U*. (2018). Introduction to Qualitative Research for Novice Investigators. URNCST Journal, 2(6): 1-6. https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.57
- Jameel B, Majid U*. (2018). Research Fundamentals: Data Collection, Data Analysis, and Ethics. URNCST Journal, 2:4 (1-8). https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.39
- Majid U. (2018). Research Fundamentals: Study Design, Population, and Sample Size. URNCST Journal, 2:1 (1-7). https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.16
- Majid U. (2017). Research Fundamentals: The Research Question, Objectives and Background. URNCST Journal, 1:2 (1-7). https://doi.org/10.26685/urncst.14