In the West, we have recently faced with the rise of the “Opioid Crisis.” Albeit there is greater discussion surrounding the prescription and administration of opioids, there remains a lack of robust evidence that supports implementation of opioid agonist treatments. This research will aim to augment the diverse literature on opioid use disorder with qualitative and implementation evidence that aims to increase the uptake, accessibility, and sustainability of opioid agonist treatments.
- Qualitative Evidence Synthesis on Opioid Agonist Treatments (patients): What are the barriers to facilitators that patients face using opioid agonist treatment programs?
- Qualitative Evidence Synthesis on Opioid Agonist Treatments (providers): What are the barriers to facilitators that providers face administering opioid agonist treatment programs?
- Mixed Evidence Synthesis on Disruption to Opioid Agonist Treatments During Disasters: What do we know about providing opioid agonist treatment during disasters?
- Gamage KK, Tejpar S, Majid U, Dixon K, Sabioni P, Sud A*. (in press). Bridging the macro-micro divide: a qualitative meta-synthesis on the perspectives and experiences of healthcare providers on the extramedical use and diversion of buprenorphine. Journal of Addiction Medicine.
- Salamanca-Buentello F, Cheng DK, Sabioni P, Majid U, Upshur R, Sud A*. (2022). Mal/adaptations: a qualitative evidence synthesis on opioid agonist therapy during major disruptions. International Journal of Drug Policy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2021.103556
- Sud A, Salamanca-Buentello F, Buchman DZ, Sabioni P, Majid U*. (2021). Beyond harm-producing versus harm-reducing: a qualitative meta-synthesis on the perspectives and experiences of people who use drugs on buprenorphine extramedical use and diversion. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2021.108651
- Salamanca-Buentello F, Cheng D. K, Sabioni P, Majid U, Upshur R. Sud A. (2020). A Mixed Evidence Synthesis of Opioid Substitution Therapy During Major Disruptions to Medical Care. Final report for the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- Majid U, Loshak H. (2019). Patients’ and Providers’ Experiences with Opioid Agonist Treatments for Opioid Use Disorders: A Rapid Qualitative Review. Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Rapid Response Review. Available from: https://cadth.ca/buprenorphine-opioid-use-disorders-rapid-qualitative-review-0
- Majid U, Frey N. (2019). The Perspectives of Prescribers and Dispensers on Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs: A Rapid Qualitative Review. Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Rapid Response Review. Available from: https://cadth.ca/prescription-drug-monitoring-programs-rapid-qualitative-review